Wednesday, September 9

Diddy Talks Mase to MTV

Photobucket

"Mase has called me. We've spoken. He's basically said, 'Just keep your eye on me. Making this switch, I gotta kinda bear this cross for a second. Just watch what I do.' I said, 'I've seen.' He's definitely one of the dopest MCs to ever touch the game. People can't deny that. He's one of the most successful. I've seen people come back from different things in this game. I said, 'Yeah. Without a doubt, I'll keep my eye on you.' I spoke to him today. He's out there working. With the future of Bad Boy, I definitely think it's time for me to come up with a game plan. "A lot of things have changed. I have a great legacy I have to protect. I'm taking some time. I don't wanna sign anything new. I wanna focus on this Janelle MonĂ¡e album, on this Cassie album, on this Last Train to Paris. Those are the albums I'm focusing on. I'm not making anything new. I wanna come up with a game plan that works going forward with the future of Bad Boy."

Mase still has a contract with Diddy, so Mase couldn't even make a record with another label if he wanted to. Just a short while ago, 50 tried to get Mase on G-Unit, but Diddy was asking for too much money to release Mase from his contract. I doubt Mase will every put out another album with Bad Boy. Getting a release date with them is like winning the lottery.

At least Mase has his church to fall back on.

Photobucket