Sunday, November 16

What Do The Roots & Jay Leno have In Common? RETIREMENT


Drummer ?uestLove announced The Roots will be retiring, from touring this is. After 8 albums and over 17 years of global campaigning, The Roots band are giving the road up for a NEW gig as the house band for Jimmy Fallon, who will be replacing Conan O'brien as the host of Late Night. Conan O'brien is moving on to greener pastures as the replacement for Jay Leno who will step down as The Tonight Show's host effective March 2009. Ironically Jay Leno has been hosting the show as long as The Roots have been touring and he announced this move 5 years ago on The Tonight Show's 50th anniversary. ''In 2009, I'll be 59 years-old and will have had this dream job for 17 years,'' Leno said in a statement. ''When I signed my new contract, I felt that the timing was right to plan for my successor, and there is no one more qualified than Conan. Plus, I promised [my wife] Mavis I would take her out for dinner before I turned 60.''



Since The Tonight Show's premiere on Sept. 27, 1954, this celebrated franchise has only had four hosts: Steve Allen (1954-57), Jack Paar (1957-62), Johnny Carson (1962-92), and Leno(1992-2009).

Check out what ?uestLove has to say about retiring.


The Virgo Signing Off...