Thursday, September 18

Mo’Nique Molested By Her Own Brother


Mo’Nique has revealed in the October 2008 issue of Essence Magazine,that she was sexually abused by her own brother. She said:
“I was molested by my older brother.” “And even when I confronted him and told my parents, he said I was lying, and nothing was really done.”
Mo’Nique added that her brother molested her four times over the course of four years. He often used candy to lure her into the bathroom, where much of the abuse took place, beginning when Mo’Nique was just seven.

Her parents,never believed her.She explained:
“because me and my brother were both their children, and I just don’t know the kind of position they felt they were in.”“My father was very upset, but it never got mentioned again. I’ll never forget my mother saying, ‘If it’s true, it will surface again,’ and I remember thinking, ‘Why would I lie? Why is there even an if in this?’ I was angry with them for so long, because I felt as if they should have seen what was happening.”“My brother was a monster to me.”

Her brother went on to serve 15 years in prison for sexually abusing another girl and has never apologized for Mo’Nique’s sexual abuse.
“He still acts like he doesn’t know what I’m talking about. So screw hurting your feelings. You need to get your feelings hurt, and you need to get some help.”