Wednesday, August 27

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong


Scenario...

You're in court...

You've had a pretty rough year...

Arrested a few times...

Got caught buying coke during a drug sting, had a couple of outstanding arrest warrants (before your arrest the other week in front of Wal-Mart)...

Back to the scenario... You're in court...

The judge tells you no bail.

At this point you're probably thinking, "I ain't goin to no fuckin jail," but you don't say it. However, rapper DMX keeps it a little more real than most.

After being denied bail in a Miami-Dade courtroom on Tuesday morning, DMX tells JUDGE Lawrence Schwartz, "I ain't goin to no fuckin jail!"

The judge then responds, "Oh, well that just ingratiated you to me. I've never heard the F-word before, so it's OK." He then warned DMX's public defender (lol @ DMX having a public defender) that his client had better not curse in his courtroom again.

To impart some knowledge upon you all, because I didn't know this either, ingratiate means to get on someone's good side.

Now C'mon DMX. I've got to give you props for keepin it real, but I think you went a little too far with that one.