Tuesday, December 22

Trey Songs Covers Honey Mag

Photobucket

Trey Songz is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Honey Magazine. In the publication, he speaks on his love for women, his sex appeal, opening up to his fans, and R. Kelly/D’Angelo comparisons.

Photobucket


Honey: There’s been a trend in R&B, like with The-Dream and Jeremih — their music and production emulates R. Kelly’s legacy. But I’m noticing with yours; it’s actually the quality of your voice that is reminiscent of R Kelly. How do you take those comparisons?

Trey: That comes from me listening to so much R. Kelly. Before I was even thinking to pursue music I would only listen to R. Kelly. That comes from me studying his music. Sometimes our tones are similar and sometimes the inflections I make with my voice is something that he would do, just because it’s my subconscious. And that’s not something that I try to do, it’s just something that is just there. To be compared to who I feel is the King of R&B has never been an insult. I’ve been compared to R. Kelly since my first album.

To read the full interview, click here

image-4php-1