Friday, October 30

Rock & Rebirth.

PhotobucketCover: Lil Wayne on the Nov 7th issue of Billboard

Given earlier leaks from the project, did you make many changes to the final version?
As of now Rebirth is coming out as a double disc with a [disc of songs] by Young Money. I had to add new cuts because a lot of things leaked, making people think they had an idea of what I was doing with Rebirth and what it would sound like. And I hated that because I never want anybody to think they know what I¹m doing until I present it. So what I did was make it totally different I flipped it.

Does the album still lean toward rock?
Yes, the album is still rock. I play guitar on 80% of the songs and there’s a lot of rock influences and rock beats. I also have Travis Barker on the album. But I don’t want people to think I’m trying to do something I can’t do. Don’t think you’re going to put on the album and hear me screaming and singing . . . Don’t worry about that [laughs]. When people hear me say rock, they may get a little scared like, Oh, God. What is he going to do? When I said I was doing a rock album, it was about doing a freedom thing. This album isn’t hip-hop. When I do my Carter albums, I know I’ve got to rap, I know I’ve got to spit. I know the words I’ve got to say and the subjects I’ve got to talk about. I also know the things I shouldn’t say, the things I shouldn’t talk about. There’s none of those limits on this album. I say what I want, how I want. That’s what this album is: a freedom album. And rock is the avenue that gives you that freedom. I’m just having fun, that’s all. Trust me: People will like these songs. It’s my job to make them love them, but I know for a fact they’ll like them.

Smuggled from: NahRight via Billboard

image-4php-1