Monday, August 17

Having A Good Time In Barcelona...

Photobucket

\is very easy to do. In fact, it’s also pretty easy to get drunk there. You can buy liquor at the age of 18 in most European counties, and 16 in others. In some spots, like Barcelona, Spain, walking around the streets with a bottle in your hand is completely legal. The policia won’t even stop you.

Photobucket

Although I tried to pre-game as much as possible, I found myself every night at the same liquor stand on Las Ramblas.

Yes, I said liquor stand. You can literally buy beer, cocktails, and shots of incredibly strong Spanish liquor, and then take your purchase on the streets to consume it. You gotta love it. I went along with my Italian friends and purchased a few shots of Sambuca.

Photobucket

It’s about 90 proof, and ridiculously hard to get down, but actually really cheap. In fact, it looks home made:

Photobucket

This is what it did to me...

Before:

Photobucket

& After:

Photobucket

Since we’re on the subject, let me share some more interesting tidbits about getting sloshed in the EU.

1. Heineken is really cheap in Amsterdam because it’s made there. A pint is only 2 Euros.

2. Moet retails for about $50 over there; in the U.S., it’s somewhere above $100

4. You can buy a pitcher of or anything in London for a reasonable price. I got one of Jack & Coke for about 15 Pounds

5. In some Italian wineries, you can get a water bottle filled with wine for 3 Euros

7. Drink responsibly, no matter where you are

Photobucket