Wednesday, July 22

Former Editor-In-Chief Of Vibe Speaks Out

Photobucket

As we heard back in June, Vibe magazine closed it's doors after over 15 years in the game. When the news broke, no one was sure what to think, or what the reason was behind the brand folding. Everyone has been pretty tight-lipped about the magazine since it came to an aburpt end.

But leave it up to Siruis/XM radio's very own Angela Yee to catch up with the former editor-in-chief, Danyel Smith, to get all the answers. Yee got up with Smith on her "Morning After" radio show, where Smith spoke briefly regarding the final days at Vibe.

Photobucket


"The magazine business overall has been in such a state, frankly since I came back three years ago," she said. "I always had it at the front of my mind. Was it a complete surprise to me that day? No, I don't think it was for any of my fantastic staff.

"We had already gone down to four days a week ... we were all making sacrifices because we really wanted the brand to live. We were all strategizing and working really hard and I'm just really really brokenhearted. There'll be a bounce back, there's no question about that," Smith continued.

To peep the full interview about Vibe closing shop, check out TeamYee.tv.

Photobucket