Tuesday, July 21

Don't Hate Her Because She Has It Together.

Photobucket
Cover Jada Pinkett-Smith covers September 2009 issue of Shape Magazine

On her biggest flaw: “I can’t cook! It’s genetic. My grandmother can’t cook, my mother can’t cook. I was raised to believe you eat because your body needs fuel for energy, so I eat superfoods.”

On keeping everything in balance including her new starring role on TNT’s HawthoRNe: “I won’t lie to you. I have a lot of help. It takes a village to run my life successfully!”

On being an active kid and passing those lessons on to her own kids, Trey, 16 [from Will Smith's first marriage], Jaden, 11, and Willow, 8: “Sitting at home on a Saturday or Sunday was never an option. [Our kids] love to go to the gym with Will and me, but surfing and snowboarding is what we do together as a family for fun.”

On her relationship with husband Will Smith: “Will and I are yin and yang. He’s all sky, vast and bright and soaring, and I’m all earth. I’m here to ground him, and he’s here to help me fly.”

Photobucket