Friday, June 19

Midnight Train To Georgia.

Photobucket


Why is it when black folks face a hot plate in front of them, the room abruptly become silent??
--& as maple syrup dripped across the table, we heard just that... Silence! Not a word was spoken, for at least a good 5-7 mins, once the food was served. Needless to say, we got down on some good ol' southern cookin' from the famous Gladys Knights Chicken & Waffles!

Photobucket
Most people, from the reviews I've heard, don't like this spot...but I actually enjoyed my portion! Everyone at the table rolled with the Midnight Train- "chicken & waffles", but I opted to be a "Grammy Winner"  and went for the Smothered chicken over rice, with a side of greens and a side of mac & cheese. Finger-licking good! I now that line was corny but it's true. Gladys had me licking fingers and half my plate once I was done with that jawn.
Photobucket

Our waitress must of had a thing for our table, because she wasted no time randomly throwing in how "handsome" she thought I was... or how Colgate Kodak's smile was, which eventually got her serenaded by KidduNot's up and coming artist, Philip Michael.

Photobucket
One thing that is guaranteed in Atlanta, is their variety in some of the best foods! I was able to connect and network with mad people while I was in Atl, and simply off the strenght of table talk... Everybody seems to be somebody in the "A."


Place: Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken and Waffles
Location: Downtown Atlanta
529 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30308


J. Cherry