Monday, June 29

BET Awards Recap.

Photobucket

Just a few days to process the shock and grief, Hip Hop superstars attended the BET Awards trying to show homage to an icon we lost just days earlier--but failed terribly!

Photobucket

Opening act: Cute idea....but that's not gonna cut it BET! This is NOT how you give a tribute to an iCon. New Edition attempted to re-do the Jackson 5..... And in no way, shape or form did they master what J5, or Michael Jackson meant to us. No JUSTICE! Ok granted, it was last minute but that's no excuse. If you can't pay homage correctly, don't do it at all. Day 26 would have done better than that!!!

<span class=

Host: Jamie Foxx!!! All I wanna say is, I had chills for a little bit! ...His costumes were TACKY, but his jokes made up for what was definitely lacking.

Performances:

<span class=

Keri Hilson..it wasn't calling for much. 3 out of 5 stars. Later in the show she showed out with that "Candler road looking dress"....Not a good look!


Photobucket

And finally taking his hat off, Ne-Yo did a solid, yet sad, performance of "Lady In My Life." --4 out of 5 stars.



Photobucket

Jamie Foxx who performed "Blame it," with T-Pain won, hosted, and peformed...Did BET run out of ideas? And wait, did he come on stage with a Nuevo bottle? Who let that slip?...But then again it's BET...Nevermind! 3 out of 5 stars...

<span class=

Souljah boy....VERY BORING! And NO Michael Jackson tribute? No Michael Jackson tribute, No sir. I was waiting on somebody to put some Autotune on Soulja Boy! He needed an entourage or something on stage....because clearly he shouldn't do it by himself--2 out of 5 stars.

<span class=

Beyonce's performance, very random? Very....She didn't even give Michael a tribute...It was something straight out of her "I'am..." tour. I was over it. 3 out of 5 stars....

<span class=

Keith sweat, New Edition, & BBD all came out for an ol' school performance....

Photobucket

Keyshia Cole & Monica performed their hit, "TRUST"...3 out of 5 stars.... & even Tevin Campbell came out and performed. What was BET thinking?! Tevin Campbell? Really?

Photobucket

Trey Songz, Tyrese, & Johnny Gill, who looked like a tender verison of LTD, performed a medely of the O' jay's hits: "Smile in your face", "Darlin' Darlin' Baby (Sweet Tender Love)," and "Stairway to heaven.".... 4 out of 5 stars.

Photobucket

Mary Mary came out w/ Queen Latifah and performed "God In Me," which I actually enjoyed...5 out of 5 stars.

<span class=
.
Jay-Z performed "D.O.A." and actually saved Hip Hop --THANK GOD he cut that nappy hair off! Beyonce was going in on his performance, did you see her? His band was going off too...Crazy dope!! 4 out of 5 stars.

<span class=

Ciara, girl what was that?? BET....I must say ....and I say this with conviction, YOU MUST do better! Beyonce was str-8 laughing at CiCi!! lol....1 out of 5 stars. We love you Ciara, we really do...

Maxwell performed "Pretty Wings"....and once again, BABIES WERE CONCEIVED TONIGHT!!! I'm just saying, he is THAT guy!

Drake came out w/ Lil' Wayne and performed "Best I ever had."

Day 26, still sporting rope chains hanging from their pants??? LATE...I'm not gonna go in on them...I'll let Corey handle that one LOL...

Photobucket

Janet Jackson did it for me!!!--I have to admit, there were tears in my eyes when she hit the stage...*PAUSE* I mean for goodness sake, that was his sister. I was deeply saddened when Ne-yo & Jamie Foxx performed "I'll Be there."--THE Saddest moment of the show.

Photobucket

....And Miss Alicia Keys, we were good until you told us to text 900-WHATEVA, requesting $5? Nice outfit, & your make-up was dope too but...we are in a recession mama'...


I'm done...Goodnight!!


KodakBoi