Tuesday, April 28

Why You All In My Grill?!?

Photobucket

I'm best known for my elusive style and my New York City smile. Both hard to define yet impossible to ignore. Many believe I've had that Hollywood ish done to my mouth-- but I simply call it perfection. I was blessed to have been born with a mouth most people pay for these days. Blame my creator!

Most of us get up in the morning, brush our teeth, and don't see the toothbrush til later that night--not good! Today I'm inspired to write a blog in the lifestyle section because I recently went to the dentist and came back with good reviews. I want to share & inspire others by giving ways of building better tooth care. Brushing, as well as flossing daily & properly, is one way of getting there. Using toothpastes and mouthwashes solely is not going to cut it!! It's dentist recommended, to brush at least 3 times a day - I try to brush after each meal (candy bars included)-If you can't brush your teeth after each meal, rinse with water or mouthwash...or simply chew on sugarless chewing gum. Flossing is just as important. Tho brushing is important, it won't remove the plaque and particles of food between your teeth and under the gumline as flossing does. The more you stimulate the gums, the less likely you are to have gum disease, fyi.

Now is not the time to trivialize the importance of your mouth. I hate talking to someone with bad breath, I'm unable to hold a conversation after that...and I like to talk, so you already know! Plaque on the teeth isn't cute either--I take pride in my teeth and so should you. Most people, when introduced for the first time, tent to look at a person's clothes and/or shoes--not I. I aim right for that grill. It's the first and last thing I remember

I can't promise you with a mouth piece as well as mine, but I can recommend ways to building better tooth care:

  • See your dentist for dental checkups/cleanings 2 times a year, every 3 months if your teeth are not in good, to moderate condition.

  • When you brush, take the bristles of your toothbrush & move in a circular motion, followed by topping the bristles on the edge of your gums and brushing in a downward position - this helps get the remaining bacteria left behind in your mouth, in which brushing or flossing didn't pick up.


  • Floss Daily--curve the floss around the edge of your tooth and slide it up and down the side of each tooth. Also floss the back sides of your back teeth. Very important!


  • Use a ACT fluoride rinse EVERY night before you go to bed and don't eat or drink afterwards. ACT is clinically proven to strengthen teeth, prevent tooth decay and prevent cavities.


Photobucket

I'm no dentist, but I know what it takes to keep that grill intact.


KodakBoi