Sunday, March 1

Cam'ron Talks To Jim Jones For First Time In Years

Cam'ron is working with New York radio station Hot 97 to plan a concert for May to coincide with the release of his Crime Pays LP; he also hopes to return to the Hot 97 Summer Jam in June. But the question is, will the Diplomats be with him at any point during these performances?

"You never know," Cam answered yesterday in New York. "You never could say never. Right now, I'm kinda like in Cam zone. They been doing what they been doing for the past two or three years, but I'm kinda in Cam zone. But you never could say what could happen in the future. Right now I'm kinda in the Cam mind frame."

The former Diplomat seems to have softened on the subject of his old crew. In fact, after years of not communicating, Cam says that he and Jim Jones just had a short chat.

"Hell Rell and J.R. Writer, they always check in," Cam said. "Everybody has been reaching out. I've been the one kinda saying Cam is going to take time do Cam. But Hell Rell and J.R. definitely been reaching out. I called [Freekey Zekey's] phone four or five days ago and Jim picked up Zeke's phone. Me and him spoke for about 10 or 15 minutes, but me and Zeek speak all the time. I haven't spoken to Juelz."

Cam described the phone call with Jones as pleasant.

"It was cordial. He knew it was me," Cam said of Jones. "He said we was gonna holla — maybe we'll put something together. But in the immediate future, I'm just doing Cam. But you never know what can happen down the line. I called Zeke's phone and I guess Zeke gave Jim the phone to pick up. We just talked, asked about each other's family. He said he's on a promo tour. He'd be back soon. That was that."

Another Diplomat looking forward to speaking to Cam is Juelz Santana, after Cam recently told the press that the two stopped speaking because Juelz became addicted to syrup. Santana adamantly denies ever having an addiction.

"I'm not going back and forth with him [in the media]," Cam insisted. "I wasn't lying. I was asked a question and I answered it. I'm sorry if he's upset."

Smuggled from mtv.com