Monday, February 23

Who Shot Cha?!: Photographer David LaChapelle

Photobucket

As an up-and-coming photographer, the work of David LaChapelle is something I've always admired. His detail, whether in you face or minuet, has always stuck out to me in his pictures. I remember seeing this picture of Pink holding a fire extinguisher in some random magazine years back, I sat thinking to myself "Who in the heck shot this?". To my surprise, it was the work of Mr. LaChapelle. Already being familiar with his work, I should have known - but I didn't. Remember the infamous picture of Tupac sitting in a tub, with soap sods around this head and gentile area? Yep, more great work from David LaChapelle!

Photobucket

He's also famous for shooting Lil' Kim in the infamous Louis Vuttion Logo prints, tat'ed over her naked body. All classic work to say the least. His work could be defined as 'Sexy-lux art in my book. His art is filled with lots of drama and enhanced colours. One glance at this photos and you can clearly his wild imagination in full force with each piece. Love it or hate it, you can't help but appreciate him as a fantastic photographer!

Photobucket



KodakBoi