Sunday, October 12

The Death of Skits...

Okay so the other day I’m ridin’ bumpin’ The Game’s new album LAX and I heard something on his album that I hadn’t heard in years, a SKIT…When was the last time you heard a classic or funny skit that had you crackin’ up??...Better yet, when was the last time you heard a skit on an album period??...Off the top of my head I think the last memorable skits I heard where on Cam’ron’s 2003 release Come Home With Me…I remember a time when the skit was an essential piece of an album, especially during the cassette tape days…Who could ever forget the skits on Wu-Tang’s debut album Enter The Wu-Tang(36 Chambers)??
...Or Big Pun’s “Pakinamac” skits on Capitol Punishment??...But I think the most acclaimed were “The Mad Rapper” skits that came on The Notorious B.I.G.’s Life After Death album…((My shit’s more John Blaze than that!!))...Did you know that De La Soul with the help of Prince Paul was the first rap group to put a skit on an album?? ((I learned that watching this years Hip-Hop Honors on VH1…lol))…I must say I miss those skits and even though the one on The Game album isn’t classic, maybe it’ll get the ball rolling on bringing this Hip-Hop staple back…

Let us know what YOUR favorite skits were!!
The Virgo signing off…