Wednesday, October 29

Celebrities React & Send Their Condolenses To Jennifer Hudson

As we all know, Jennifer Hudson endured the loss of 3 family members this past weekend -her mother, brother, and nephew. Since the news broke, fans have gathered outside her family home in Chicago to hold a candlelight vigil and several celebrities have offered their condolenses to the Oscar-winner as well. Here is how some celebs have reacted:

"Oh, it was heartbreaking. In fact, I'm still trying to get a phone number to call her at this tragic time. ... She is somebody who has campaigned for me. She also lives in my community. So, we're really going to have to ... help her and pray for her and her family during this difficult time." – Barack Obama via Extra, 10/25/08.

"Jennifer and I have met [Hudson was reported to be the top choice to play the lead role in a movie musical based on Franklin's life], and I have to say, my heart really goes out to her and her family, God bless them and keep them. I just, wow -- it's just too much." - Aretha Franklin via ABC News Radio, 10/27/08.

"I think it's horrible. I read it and I think it's shocking. For anybody to go through that. Wow, I don't understand how a human being could have such little respect for life. My heart goes out to her and her family. Wow." -- Fergie via the Associated Press, 10/26/08.

"My heart and soul goes out to her and the rest of her family. Such a huge tragedy - I can't even believe that it's possible. Paula Abdul and I were just talking about it yesterday and it's just so sad. I left a couple of messages for her and I'm just trying to give to her whatever I can. My God. The world is an ugly place right now." -- Randy Jackson via People.com, 10/27/08.

"Yes I'll be praying for her and sending positive energy her way." -- Will.i.am via the Associated Press, 10/26/08.

"When we heard the news of Jennifer losing her mother and her brother, our hearts broke for her, and we immediately began to pray for her strength and comfort and that of her family, as well as for the safe return of her nephew." She added, "I know the family is devastated and heartbroken and I hope that friends and fans and those who care about her just pray for her and give her all the support that she needs at this moment and for quite a long time to come." - Queen Latifah via Access Hollywood

"I was horrified when I heard the news. This is an appalling tragedy. My thoughts right now are with Jennifer and her family."-- Simon Cowell via Extra


"I saw her probably two weeks ago on 'Dancing With the Stars.' We were talking and laughing and she was just really excited about how things were going in her life, so it's just really disappointing. ... It's really sad and my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family." -- Toni Braxton via Entertainment Tonight, 10/26/08.

"I definitely have condolences for her. That's really tragic. You hate to hear that happen to anybody, something like that. But I've only had the chance to meet her in passing. So I can't really say I know her personally, but man that was tough to hear what happened to anybody's family. So definitely my condolences to her and the rest of her family for sure. That's sad to hear." -- Cedric the Entertainer via the Associated Press, 10/25/08.

"Everyone at Fox Searchlight and Twentieth Century Fox wishes to extend our deepest condolences to Jennifer and her family. Our thoughts are with them in this time of profound sadness." -- Twentieth Century Fox via the Associated Press, 10/29/08.


KodakBoi