Thursday, September 11

Keri Hilson Plans to Push Britney Lyrically on her New Project



In an article on mtv.com, Sean Garrett and Keri Hilson discuss how they plan to bring a new sound out of Britney Spears. Here's what the two songwriters say:

"This time, we're going to try some different sounds," Garrett said. "We're really trying to push the sound limits. We're definitely going to make sure it's hot, you know, great songs that fans will go crazy over, but I'm not just [aiming to] 'stay in the clubs.' If it's a ballad, a midtempo, fusing techno with hip-hop or whatever it is, what matters is that it has some sounds we've never heard before."

While Garrett wants to push Spears sonically, Hilson said she wants to push the singer lyrically and get some more meaningful songs on the album.

"Of course, everybody's giving her party smashes, and I've heard some of them, and they're great," Hilson said. "But I think we can dig a little deeper this time. I want it to feel a little more real and organic. That's where I want to go with her."

Hilson is due to sit down with Spears in the next week to get on the same page. "We need to figure it out," she said. "Sit down, have a conversation, and see what she's feeling at the moment, and take a bird's-eye view of that."

Sounds Interesting... I know I'm excited to hear Hilson's take on Britney... whatabout you?